Tuesday 28 October 2008

First few changes

Since getting the car I've found several problems, fixed a few, and started a list of the others. The first problem was on arriving home. I took the car for a quick spin round the block, parked it on the drive when I got back, after which it wouldn't start. The battery was quite flat so off it came and onto charge overnight. The next day the car started again, but the voltmeter was showing it was hardly charging at all. Nice... I then noticed that a wire from alternator to engine block was melted through, so replaced that and things looked better. I did notice however that when I turned on lights or anything electrical the charge dropped below 12v..(not so good)

The next problem on a later drive was the exhaust breaking where it was routed up and over the rear wheel. I was planning to remove this so I was saved that job. For the moment I've made the exhaust a side exit just before the rear wheel but I think it would fail a noise test for a track day, so a better silencer with side exit would be the best solution.

Finally I changed the tiny steering wheel for a 300mm wheel which gives much better feel. That's better.

No comments: