Thursday 6 November 2008

More dismantling

I've done a few long days at work this week, travelling up to Enstone, so today I finished at 4pm and got home in time to do a couple of hours in the garage. Decided to bite the bullet and remove the panel from the drivers side of the centre tunnel. I want to have this in bare aluminium so much easier to replace than try and refurbish it. So I drilled out all the rivets and after a bit of prising to free it from the silicon sealer behind, the panel was out.


A bit of surface rust but nothing serious. Someone has greased the propshaft at some point (a good thing), but left rather a lot of excess grease to be sprayed all round the tunnel when the propshaft is turning! At least it kept the rust at bay a bit :o) Had a go at taking some of the "No more nails" or something similar off the floor pan. I have to get the weight down somehow.

No comments: