Tuesday 11 November 2008

speedo pickup revisited

Another long day at work, up at Enstone . A good day though, and it does have its compensations, as I spent a while talking to some of the engineers who were putting together a car for a demo run somewhere this weekend. Sadly no pictures allowed in the factory though. I happened upon an engine sitting by the back doors. If only I could have got it out into the back of my car :o)

Still found time to do a little job on the Stylus though. When I got the Stylus it only had a single magnet for the speedo pickup, so was reading half speed. Whilst cleaning up some of the excess grease and dirt from the transmission tunnel I decided to take off the speedo pickup and give it a clean. On unbolting the bracket from the diff I realised what a lash job someone had made of fitting the speedo pickup in place. So I made up a new bracket which will attach onto the seat tub on the drivers side, to save the cable crossing under the propshaft, at risk of getting chewed up if it came loose. Pictured below (right to left) the speedo sensor, my new bracket, and the original bracket. I'll let you decide if the new one is better.....


No comments: