Monday 3 November 2008

Working for the (battery) clampdown

Yesterday afternoon and this evening I made up a new battery clamp, as the existing one relied upon a bolt through into the passenger footwell, but the bolt was difficult to get to and the rivnut it screwed into was rotating in the hole. So I've made up a platform from checker plate aluminium and put some 6mm rod at each end to clamp it down with. Not the prettiest thing I've ever made but serviceable... What do you think?

Before fixing it in I repainted the chassis rails underneath which were a little rusty on the surface, then rivetted it down with some 5mm rivets. Job done. Reconnected the battery and checked all was in working order :o) Next job will be to add an extra earth from chassis to engine block in an attempt to solve a electrical problem. If that doesn't work it's out with the multimeter and go round the whole car checking for a bad earth. I can't wait

No comments: